DOROTHY CHARLES BANKS:
Poet With An Opinion is a mixture of take no prisoners editorials and comments written by me. I posted my first comment 3/11/2010. There are also reflections of the past. Poetry is my first love. In writing verse I can create fantasy characters, mixing them with real situations, or I can go fantasy all the way, using common language to create vivid images. For the benefit of relatives who may start their own genealogy search, I've started the process.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Quotes from me
(1) Nothing comes to a timid wife but an abusive husband.
(2) A child's innocent, unconditional love becomes contaminated and conditional when he or she grows old enough to make demands.
(3) I walked through life with both eyes closed. Through death's eyes
I captured the real meaning of life.
(4) How can a tree hope to grow if it is cut down like an annoying bush?
(5) Walk a half block in a battered woman's shoes before you ask her: