Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sorry, wheelchair lady, no meth or other drugs allowed to board this plane

One website described Rhonda Renee Simmons as having an "unusual contour around her buttocks." Smuggling or hiding drugs in your hip pocket will, indeed, cause a distraction on the airport scanner.

Was Simmons playing a game to see if she could get away concealing something illegal without detection? Maybe she got high before leaving home and forgot that she was going to the airport. When police were summoned by a TSA employee, they discovered that Simmons had a gram of meth on her person, hiding it out around the buttocks area.

Of course, it's not her fault that she got caught. TSA violated her privacy and rights by scanning her body! Believe it or not the woman had a large circle of travelers who championed her indignation. In fact, according the media, complaints about airport scanners and pat downs are running rampant. There is probably a streaker out there complaining about getting body scanned.

"But what if that had been explosives in her pocket instead of meth?" I asked myself. " I have no problems with scanning," I answer myself. It's explosive on a plane that scares me.

I've given birth to three children, and I cared less who was in the delivery room looking at my daisy unfold, preparing to give birth. I wanted the pain to stop and the kid out of me. This has nothing to do with this story. I know. I added this to say that people sometimes complain too much.

Just think of how you're exposed to nurses and doctors when you have physical exams, or rushed to the emergency room, have a heart attack in public. Was hiding your private parts your top priority before getting treatment?

For me, safety and precaution over-rides potential danger on an airplane. I can't jump out of  the plane when is in flight even if I sensed danger. Simmons has been charged with a felony: possession of a controlled substance. She has a January 12th court date.

In a prior television interview Simmons said the video of her on YouTube has made her life miserable. She is now recognized at airports. Simmons next showed up at the airport wearing a two-piece black bikini that looks like underwear, sitting in a wheel chair. There was no mention of her being disabled or paralyzed.

I think Simmons is enjoying the attention. She is trying to find a way to push her five minutes fame into 15 minutes or more. I don't know that for sure. I'm just saying.

No comments: