Sunday, July 10, 2011

I am a woman

I am a woman

She was young and troubled within
wanting to escape
but no place to go
Watching others faithfully
she was learning as she went
trying hard not to commit an error
She reminisced about her sufferings
trapped because she did not
know that she had all the answers
She was still a child
dreaming
of
becoming
a woman
not
knowing \what
waited
in front
of her
Still
she will try the best she can
even though she cannot change what is to be
A voice came to her:
Remember there is a joy.
There is a peace.
A quietness within you.
She was young
and troubled within
but now she realizes that
to escape
she must
depend
on herself
Now she has
a true 
friend
her troubles are over
Her time's
not up
only beginning
Is she free?
I will my blessings.
To escape I
have to remove the bars.
I am no longer a child.
I am a woman.

copyrighted by Cynthia Taylor-Edwards

No comments: