Monday, August 2, 2010

Night.mares 1 and 2

Night mares 1 and 2

I slow/motioned into your
revealing night.mare
seductively
dancing on
cellophane images of
a dissipating hero

Oh excuse me
I said dramatically
I have reason to
believe
this is my
self/induced
night.mare

I had no idea
our minds were
so synchronized

come, dance with me

our fourlegged dancing
halted in the middle
of a highstepping
Do.Si.Do and around
we both go

in sign language
I spoke in a steady groove
my brain and skin
cringing at the
100
sights and sounds of
me tearing apart
at the seams

you watched in horror
  

I pulled myself
together, ordering you
to perform the same explosion
or Do/Si/Do into
next year's night.mare
completely
Alone

without the benefit
of the latest
foot stomping music
 and me
encouraging you to
discover
who you really
want to be

 
copyrighted by dorothy charles banks 

No comments: